We offer a comprehensive range of Dormer branded hand and machine reamers to support production of dimensionally accurate holes up to H7 tolerance.
Our reamers are classified into 3 main types:
- Solid: available in two shank types – straight (cylindrical) and Morse Taper
- Shell: for use on arbors
- Expanding: with adjustable HSS blades and used for light work
The most common types of reamers have a left-hand spiral due to the cutting forces involved and low depths of cut. This is a proven geometry to provide a high quality surface finish and hole accuracy.
Straight flute reamers are also available for hard and abrasive workpiece materials.
In addition, we manufacture a range of Countersinks for chamfering and countersinking holes. Dormer’s countersink range includes a variety of substrates, coatings and shank options to suit the majority of applications:
- Material: High Speed Steel (HSS), High Speed Cobalt (HSS-E/HSCo) and Solid Carbide (HM).
- Surface Treatments: Bright, TiN, TiAlN & AlTiCN
- Cutting Angles: 60°, 82°, 90° & 100°
- Shank Styles: straight, morse taper and double ended
We also offer conical drills and counterbores.
Dormer’s Reamer and Countersink ranges are identified by the following product codes:
B*** (HSS, HSS-E & Solid Carbide Reamers)
G*** (HSS, HSS-E & Solid Carbide Countersinks)
Below you can find some highlights from our reaming & countersinking program. For more information or to view our complete range, please download the Dormer catalog
For pricing and availability please visit the Dormer Pramet eShop or contact your local sales office